Tuesday 3 July 2012

A true story of mine


In Bacharach, Germany they are famous for their wine. You can tell especially because they have grapes growing right there on the hillside which is very steep. After eating dinner in town we were walking by some grapes and my mom says that she will pay whoever gets to the top first a euro. Now that's not a lot so my sister smartly says she's not going to go up there. I on the other hand decide to take the challenge. I start running up the hill but about half way up I start walking. By the time I get 3/4's of the way up I'm practically pulling my self up the hill because it's so steep. Finally I get to the top, pitying the people who have to pick all these grapes.When I got to the top I heard loud noises that in my tiredness I mistook for Police Sirens. I quickly assumed that I wasn't supposed to have climbed up there and after smiling for my mom's picture I ran down to the bottom. I asked what the noises were and my parents told me that it was just vuvuzelas because tonight happened to be the football match between Germany and Portugal. I sighed with relief and slowly and shakily started walking back to our hotel. I was so tired that I didn't even remember to get my euro.


2 comments:

  1. MsKcronin@yahoo.com5 July 2012 at 20:51

    I love this story! I can't wait to see the photos! Get that euro - you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your commentary! I'm with your sister -- staying below; but good for you climbing to the top!

    ReplyDelete